
Scott had his back surgery on October 26th. We were very excited for this day. This was by far one of the biggest trials we have had to go through. It was very hard to see Scott in such pain. It was a little scarey financially because the money that Scott got from disability was nothing compared to what he makes while working. I have not worked outside of the home for almost 25 years so would not be qualified for a high paying job. We went on a very strict budget. Before the surgery Scott's injury was so bad it was like I was living with a 90 year old husband. Don't get me wrong, I love 90 year old men, just wasn't ready to be living with one yet. :) He walked very hunched over & with a cane. Because one of the only positions he could be in comfortably was in the recliner, that is where he slept for 3 months and pretty much stayed unless he had a Drs. appointment or went to the bathroom. Most of the time we would bring him food into the bedroom because it hurt him to walk. This was very hard for our family to go through, but during it all I could feel the love of my Heavenly Father & knew he loved us and cared about us.

My awesome friend Cristy Steinbeigle brought this meal into us the night of his surgery. What a blessing it is to have good friends.
This is a video I took of Scott going into the hospital for surgery. He is actually walking much better here than he was at the beginning of his injury.
No comments:
Post a Comment