Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting Ready for the Trek

 We leave for the Trek this Friday. So, they had us dress up in our Pioneer Trek clothes for Church last Sunday. Lucky Sydney, it was her birthday. We have been busy sewing (I don't enjoy sewing) and getting our stuff together and packing. I have practiced making the bread 3 times now, so I really hope it turns out good. We will cook them by dutch oven. We will also kill our own chicken to put in our stew one night. I will be busy preparing the bread while that is going on, so Scott will be in charge of that. Dang! I will take pictures and leave all the other details for later. Wish us luck!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Have Fun and best of luck to you!
I love your pioneer clothes--GOOD JOB! I can't wait to see your pictures of your adventure! Happy Trails to you! =)

Marissa said...

We do wish you luck - lots of luck and happiness. I think it is wonderful that you get to be on the trek with so many of your girls! And I think it is definately a Scott job to kill the chicken..if it was left to me, my "family" woul have to be vegetarian!! I will cook it, but I draw a line with permanant marker when it comes to killing it too!! Love you - have fun.