My friend Noreen Mortensen's mother passed away and her funeral was on October 17th. Brookie McCleve wanted to drive to Idaho and go to it. She knew the fair was starting for us and thought it would be a no for me going but asked me if I would go with her anyway. I talked to Scott and my sister's and they all said to go ... so I went. I needed to get approval because that was the first weekend of the fair. We headed up at 4:30 a.m. on Friday and drove for over 18 hours before we finally got there. Whew! That was a long drive. I was going on 3 hours sleep and Brookie didn't get a whole lot more then me, but we talked the whole way up. We just made stops for gas and potty trips mostly. We brought some food up with us to eat on the way. We hadn't seen Noreen in a little while so of course we stayed up talking and laughing some that night. Saturday at noon was the funeral. Her mom was so awesome. She would come visit Noreen when she lived in Arizona so I got to know her a little. The funeral was great - then we headed to the grave site - then to the luncheon. We left to go stay with my friend Linda Burt in Logan that night. I wanted to go see her so bad and that got us 3 hours closer to home by doing that. It was fun for Brookie to get to meet Linda since I have talked about her a lot to Brookie. We headed back to Arizona the next morning and drove all day to get home. It was a fast trip but a wonderful time. The weather was great.The first picture is Brookie, Noreen & Me * Brookie, Me & Linda * Me with the beautiful colored leaves that we don't get in Chandler Arizona* Snow on the mountains in Idaho * Mortensen's * Burt Children.






No comments:
Post a Comment