Sunday, October 11, 2009

Time Out For Women 09

I haven't been to Time Out For Women in years. I was so lucky to be able to go this year. They usually have it during the fair time.
My friend Brookie McCleve came with me. We had so much fun. The speakers talked about things I so needed to hear and the music was wonderful. It was also fun to be able to go out to lunch two days in a row with Brookie. I have also added a few more books to my collection.
Brad Wilcox and his wife talked to us about having humor in your life and "if you can laugh at it, you can deal with it". It was a treat to get to hear Jenny Oaks Baker play her violin, she is so good. Kris Belcher had us laughing so hard we cried. She is a blind woman who has been through soo much in her life, yet chooses to be happy. Her last name has almost as many good jokes as John Bytheway's. :) Kenneth Cope sang for us. I love his voice and the spirit his music brings. John Bytheway, what can I say? He is Awesome. Scott teased me when I came home Friday night about just how many pictures did I need to take with him. I told him every time I can get one I will... and this one was taken in 1998 and here's the one from 1999... haha. Really, he is just jealous because he is a huge John Bytheway fan. haha. Emily Freeman gave a wonderful talk. She too has been through a lot of unhappy things in her life and has learned how to be happy and have joy in her life. Emily Watts, another one of my favorites. She is so dang funny. I have all her books and love them. Wendy Ulrich taught us that Weakness is not sin. She had some good stuff and I plan to buy her book soon.
It was a wonderful 2 days of uplifting fun and laughter. It is so great to be among women in the church who are trying to be better and loving to live the gospel. I know that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I lOVE Time Out For Women! I'm glad you were able to go! I love Jenny Oaks Baker! I also love John Bytheway! I LOVE them all!

I really wanted to go this year! I should have made it happen! You have some GREAT pictures!

Have a great week!

Marissa said...

I am glad you and Brookie got to enjoy such a fun time together! It sounds like it was wonderful - so fun!