This year has been full of trials and hard times. Mom's cancer & Scott's back problems (you can read about it below in a post Scott's summer of discontent & a post Scott's back surgery) seemed to consume most of the year. My brother & sister got divorces and that was hard. There were other things too that I won't mention - but I think you get my point that it was an especially hard year for me and my family. Because of Scott not being able to work with his back we were not able to spend nearly what we do for Christmas this year. The kids all knew this and understood.
Throughout the Christmas Season someone gave envelopes with money to our Bishop to give to us. This helped us so much and was so appreciated. This really warmed our hearts.
On Christmas Eve a Secret Santa left us a box full of presents for my family. We just brought it inside and didn't even look through it until we handed the gifts to the kids on Christmas day. We were very touched by this act of kindness towards my family. I cried tears of gratitude most of the day & as I write this am in tears again. This Secret Santa not only got gifts for my family but each gift to us was perfect and went with what we love. Gift cards to our favorite places, clothes & shoes that were the perfect size, DVD's that were our favorites.... The list could go on. They even bought gifts for Sean & Lucy. It made our Christmas very special and the kids appreciated this so much. I am sure this Secret Santa family knows us very well to have gotten us all the perfect gifts and I hope they will read this and know just how much we felt loved and special that Christmas Day. I was talking to Scott later in the day and said that after the hard year we had, it seemed to make things so much better. THANK YOU Secret Santa's. You have touched our lives forever and we will never forget this Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment