Friday, February 13, 2009

Favorite Foods Friday



My camera broke and I had to take pictures with my phone -not the best quality. Anyway, instead of using rice crispies I made Cheerio treats. I think I like them a little better. You can add food color and cut them into cute little hearts for Valentines Day and add sprinkles to them or add some M&Ms. The trick to having them turn out soft is to cook the marshmallows slow. My kids love to scrape the leftover melted marshmallows from the pan and eat it while it's still warm. I used one cube of butter, 16 oz marshmallows and about 7 cups of cheerios. You may have already thought of this idea, but every now and then I get someone who says "I never thought of using Cheerios". Have a happy day.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

My little Brianna would love those, she loves cheerios and marshmellows!
Yes, I think it would be great to get our girls together again!
Happy Valentines Day!