
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is from “The Essential Mormon Cookbook”. I always get asked for the recipe when I make them for people. Love it!
1 cup butter or margarine - softened
3/4 C. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 C. flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
12 oz bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
chopped pecans, the more the better. :) (optional)
cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. (I just add them in, without sifting). Add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in Chocolate chips & nuts. Drop onto greased cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons (I never grease mine). Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned, longer if large cookies (12-13 minutes). Makes about 3 dozen. (I use cookie scoop so cookies turn out the same.)
Tip: You can make a double batch and freeze some dough for later. You can freeze the dough in a big roll and covered in saran wrap or make up the dough balls and freeze them in a container.
Enjoy!





2 comments:
That picture of those cookies is making all the pregnant craving bells go off! Yummy!
True about being asked about the recipe. I did and I have never looked at another choc. chip cookie recipe again. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment