Saturday, January 31, 2009

Arizona Winter

Edited on Feb 5th - My friend Linda sent me this picture of her backyard. I thought I would add it so you can see why I was rubbing it in to my friends about our winter weather. Linda lives in Logan Utah and Noreen lives close by in Willard.

I know, wierd! a picture of our lawnmower. (I didn't want in the picture). Reason for the picture - This post is dedicated to my Utah friends Linda and Noreen who decided to leave Arizona and move to the snow. :) And of course anyone else living where it is cold right now and have snow on their lawns instead of green grass.
This picture was taken yesterday - I actually needed to mow the lawn in JANUARY. Hey it beats shoveling snow. Does the picture make since now?
You might think this picture of Laci and Nellie was taken in the summer, but no, it was taken about a week ago. They found Laci's swimsuits. I guess it's a girly dress up thing but these girls love to wear swimsuits. Good ole Arizona weather - being able to wear swimsuits in January when others are wearing snowsuits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I judged a debate tournament for Jade on Saturday and we were trying to find open doors at a strange high school. We almost froze walking around looking for the open doors. The inside of my nose was frozen. That is the strangest feeling . . . I'm sure you've never experienced it. We probably won't have all the snow gone here in Logan until March. I hate to think about that because I don't like winter very well. It was fun to think of people playing outside. Landon went tubing on Saturday and banged up his nose and chin pretty badly. That's our outside fun right now.

Sydney! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
julie herrell said...

No, I have never had the inside of my nose frozen. It doesn't sound fun. I remember you telling me about that when you first moved back to Utah. I guess I will be thinking you made a smart move when I am sweating my butt off in the middle of the Arizona summer. :) Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

OK fine rub it in! but I can say that I do miss the winters in Arizona. I Told the primary kids about being in Arizona last Sunday and they were all jealous that I could wear flip flops in January. Who knows maybe we will abandon this cold place and return to the land of the Sun someday!!