Friday, January 30, 2009

Favorite Foods Friday

 
I thought it would be fun to share with you my Favorite Foods recipes every Friday. This is the first post - hope you enjoy it. I got this recipe from my sister Sherry years ago and it is my favorite chicken enchilada recipe. All of my kids love it and most of the items can be bought ahead of time so I use this recipe as part of my 90 day meal plan. *For those who don't know, our church encourages us to have at least 3 months of food on hand if possible so I try to think of meals like the enchiladas or spaghetti or food that has a longer shelf life. If you decide to try them let me know what you think. By the way, all of my recipes will be pretty easy because I don't have hours to spend in the kitchen and I am not what you call a gourmet cook :).
Chicken Enchiladas
Mix Together:
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of chicken
1 can (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
1 pint sour cream
1 can (4 oz) of green chili
¼ cup onions (optional of course- Herrell's don't eat onions)

corn tortillas (I use 18 for this recipe)
2-3 cups of cooked shredded chicken (can use the canned)
2 cups of grated cheese (I never measure, just put on how much I want per layer).

Put a layer of tortilla on bottom of casserole dish (I use 6 per layer). Add layer of sour cream mixture followed by chicken and cheese. Repeat 3 times. For the top layer just add the sour cream mixture & cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (I cook it for 45).
Funny story about this recipe - Years ago Brandi (who is my very pickiest eater by far) had some of Sherry's enchiladas and later wanted her to make that food with the potatoes in it that she loved so much. As you can see by the recipe their are no potatoes in it. I don't think I told her different, I was just happy for her to like something new.
Posted by Picasa


This is canned pork sirlion and potroast that I pressure cooked. I have also done chicken, ground beef, sausage, steak, and other meats. This is the chicken that I use for this recipe. The canned meat has a shelf life of 5-7 years and is very moist and yummy. It is ready to eat out of the jar like the meats in the cans. It really does taste better then it looks. If you would like the instructions on how to do it I will email them to you - just leave me a comment.

No comments: